Tuesday 25 November 2014

"I Will Lead You"

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths” (Proverbs 3: 5 & 6 NIV). 


For the first time in 3 years I was traveling without my husband. I was driving over 600 miles on the American highways all by myself and I tell you, I was nervous. Having grown up in a small country like Switzerland, it has always been easy for me to read road maps, but when it comes to big cities like Indianapolis or Columbus, I can get lost and I am nervous driving on multi-lane highways with heavy traffic commotion. 



So I was glad that on this trip I had our TomTom navigation system to guide me. As I was driving along the highway I thought that this technology would definitely lead me safely to my final destination. The only thing I would have to do is watch the screen, listen to the directions, do what I was supposed to do and I would be alright. And sure enough, Tom led me straight to the house where I was expected to be, without any delay and no detours at all.  

Isn’t this just an excellent description of the Holy Spirit that leads us into all truth? He is our comforter, our best counselor and help along the many avenues of our life. So that’s why I want to encourage you today to completely surrender your life to the Lord. Entrust any difficulties to Him and listen to His voice and His direction. I promise you that He will guide you victoriously all along the way to your final destination. Just trust in Him alone. He is indeed the best navigator you can have for the road-map of your life! 

Have a wonderfully blessed day! 

Suzanne Tanner

My husband's first poetry book is out. You can check it out and buy it here: From Pain to Poetry - The Tear Field Years.

No comments:

Post a Comment