Monday 6 October 2014

"Born Again"

“And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions. Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days” (Joel 2:28-29 NIV).


Now that we have a dog we get to take on responsibility for him that also includes consequences. One of the things we need to do now is take him out for his bathroom routine under all weather conditions.

One morning it was raining and thundering so heavily and both of us, our dog and I didn’t really want to go out and get wet, but we had to. Everything was soaking wet, our dog, my coat, the yard, everywhere were little puddles. It was a nasty day and we were glad to get back inside that morning and dry ourselves off. I thought it would be a rainy day and rain all day, but it didn’t. The rain subsided very quickly and when I went out again the sun was shining and there was a freshness in the air, as if the rain had been a cleanser and had washed away all darkness, dirt and heaviness.

Later on that morning as we went to church I experienced the same kind of freshness amongst the fellowship of the believers. I felt like I was born-again, the same kind of sensation when I received Jesus as my Lord and savior in 1995.

You know there is a distinct freshness that comes from being born-again. It is a moment where all heaviness, dross, despair and hopelessness is washed away by the power of the Holy Spirit. As He pours himself out on you the heavenly gift of revelation begins to take place in your life and a hope that is anchored in God is birthed in you. It is my prayer for you that you would experience the same kind of freshness each day of your life and be revived in Jesus Name!

Have a wonderfully blessed day! 

Suzanne Tanner 


The God’s Heart Devotions Book is now available for purchase. Order your copy today and receive a 10% discount by sending your email to suzanne@newheart.ws 


No comments:

Post a Comment