Monday 29 September 2014

"Look Out For The Fruit"

“Therefore by their fruits you will know them” (Matthew 7:20 NKJV).


I made an interesting and likewise pleasant observation when I discovered that our cherry tree was finally carrying some fruit. It was really easy for me to detect the fruit amongst all the green leaves because the red cherries just stood out so clearly. 


I remembered that with our berry bushes it’s different; the berries are often hidden behind many leaves and deep within the bushes. It takes me a while to harvest them but with the cherries it’s an easy thing: I just look and I pick.

The Bible tells us in Galatians 5:22 what mature fruit looks like: love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.


Are you unsure if someone is operating in the fruits of the Spirit of God? Just look out for them and you will instantly know. It will be a sign of maturity and belonging to Christ. And hopefully this person might just be you and me too :-)


Have a wonderfully blessed evening! 

Suzanne Tanner


No comments:

Post a Comment