Sunday 10 August 2014

"I Love You Just the Way You Are"

“The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness” 
(Jeremiah 31:3 NIV).



We thought it would be a nice thing to buy ourselves a puppy dog to bring some new interaction into our relationship. And indeed it did! Shortly before Christmas we chose the cutest doggie in the whole wide world and he indeed brings so much joy to us.


So now when we get up in the morning we go straight to our dog instead to the coffee machine. We let him out of his kennel and he gets to go outside for his bathroom routine. We fix his meals, see that he gets enough water and also give him much tender loving care and some training also. 

He is such a good puppy and we affirm to him all the time that he is just the best puppy in the whole wide world. He loves to play, relax, have his tummy rubbed and spend time with us. When we are separated from him for a couple of hours we both yearn and long to see him again. This has now become our enriched life with our puppy dog.

Recently as he was resting on my lap I asked myself why I loved my puppy so much. This love for him is definitely not based on what he could do for me. If I compare him with me it is clear, he will never have the same capabilities and characteristics. 

The same applies with God and man: we will always be limited. But let me tell you, when my puppy wiggles his tail and shows me his affection, I just have to think about the love that the Father in Heaven has for you and me.

It is a fact; next to your affections there is really nothing you need to do to impress the LORD. He is the awesome God and He loves and accepts you just the way you are! All He ever desires is that you would just simply spend time with Him and show Him how much you love Him. That is what you have been created for and that is what truly touches His Heart. Not your actions, but your affections.

As you rest in this assurance today that you are loved by Him just the way you are, you will begin to experience the depth of His unconditional love for you. It will set you free to be the person He created you to be!

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Suzanne Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment