Sunday 13 April 2014

“God’s Keeping Power”

“Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge, Even the Most High, your dwelling place, no evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; for He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. In their hands they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone” (Psalm 91: 9-12 NKJV). 


My husband Mark, our little Chihuahua doggie Davey and I were once again on our way to Ohio, this time for a family Christmas reunion. Whilst driving at a decent speed on the highway it started to rain a little and I also noticed a truck on the other side of the highway that was spraying salt. I wasn’t too concerned since the outside temperature was increasing to about 38º F. 

Oh was I mistaken and our journey took an abrupt course; we hit a patch of black ice. Mark realized right away what was going on and helped me to maneuver the steering wheel. Everything went really quick; our truck was sliding on the ice and there was nothing we could do. We eventually landed in a ditch. The amazing thing was that although the trucks airbags did not function it was as if the angels we there as airbags protecting us from the inside out. They were like godly bumpers and mighty cushions shielding us of potential harm that was all around us and making sure that colliding with other cars would just not happen. Despite the danger we were perfectly calm in the safe hands of God.

Wow, when I think of this kind of protection I am still in awe at the wonders of the unshakable promises of God. You can imagine that my faith in His keeping power and His angels was definitely promoted to a new level that day :-). So this leaves me with one question for you today: Is your life in God’s hands? I truly hope so.


Have a wonderfully blessed day! 

Suzanne Tanner 


The God’s Heart Devotions Book is now available for purchase. Order your copy today and receive a 10% discount by sending your email to suzanne@newheart.ws 


No comments:

Post a Comment